As participants in a Yestermorrow educational experience, your mind and creative spirit are nourished in our courses and workshops. Our in-house meal program provides your body with wholesome nourishment as well. We produce and serve three meals a day, seven days a week, right here on our campus. The rationale is threefold:
- We believe your educational experience is more productive and efficient without the challenge of cooking, ordering, or searching for food.
- As our curriculum stresses the concept of sustainability with regard to land use and how we build on the land, through food we walk the talk of sustainability by purchasing local, organic, nutritious, and wholesome ingredients.
- Eating is a great enabler of community - around the table is where ideas and values are shared, where friendships blossom, where we laugh, and where we fully integrate our experiences.
When you register for our on-campus courses, you have the option to sign up for meals. In order to simplify the meal sign-up process, we have created discounted meal plan options that correspond to each specific course schedule. You will automatically be given the option for the full meal plan option that corresponds with your class.
Every course has the option to sign up for just lunches for $13 per day. This option will also be automatically presented when you register for class.
Full Meal Plans include 3 meals/day unless noted otherwise:
- Weekend Class - Lunch & Dinner on Saturday, Breakfast & Lunch on Sunday: $53
- 3-day Weekend Class: $120
- Week-long Class: $200
- Week-long Class w/ Sunday Evening Start - includes Sunday dinner: $217
- Extended week-long class for Timber Framing: $240
- 2-week class w/ Sunday evening start - includes weekend meals and Sunday dinner: $497
This information is provided to help students understanding pricing for meals. The meal plan options that are appropriate for your course will appear on the course registration form.
A la carte meals are available for an additional cost - Breakfast is $12, Lunch is $15 and Dinner is $19. Please email [email protected] if you need additional flexibility in the meal plan.
Meal Program Cancellation Policy
All meal reservations and cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you cancel less than 24 hours in advance or do not show up for a meal, you will not be refunded.
It is preferred that meal reservations are made prior to your arrival to campus and we require meal reservations be made 24 hours in advance. If you commit to a meal plan in advance and then opt to cancel after the start of your course, you will be charged the a la carte price for the meals you had already eaten.
Our kitchen is happy to accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions. Please note, all food is made in the same facility on shared equipment and although we will do our best to avoid traces of allergens, we cannot guarantee that food is allergen-free for those with severe allergies.
For students with more stringent dietary requirements or budgetary issues, we provide the option of recently renovated, full-service kitchenette.