This construction blueprint reading class covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading, while not challenging, does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints. This course is designed to provide you with that foundation
knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and using blueprints on the job on a regular basis.
By the end of this class you should:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems of the blueprints you are using.
6 inch and 12 inch rulers, tape measure and architectural/civil scale
This course is hosted in partnership by Vermont Technical College in Williston, VT. Class will meet on Monday, January 27, February 3 & 10, 2020 from 8am-1pm at the Vermont Tech CEWD Office- Building 700 in Williston Vermont.
Questions about the course should be directed to [email protected]