Woodcraft Magazine Editor
Full-time Staff Editor
We’re looking for a well-rounded woodworker with publishing experience to join our team.
• Produce 2-3 feature articles and at least one department per issue, as bylines or by working with contributors.
• Manage and direct authors to develop content from raw idea to finished story.
• Design and build woodworking projects.
• Review and manage project proposals and contracts.
• Serve as 2nd editor to review colleagues’ articles for accuracy and comprehension.
• Collaborate effectively with authors, artists, and photographers.
• Direct photographers and models during photo shoots.
• Work closely with art staff to produce compelling and informative layouts.
• Maintain story budgets.
• Participate in issue planning and issue critiques.
• Utilize industry knowledge and contacts to improve content quality.
• When necessary, represent Woodcraft Magazine at trade shows and industry events.
• Woodworking experience and competency with woodworking tools
• Ability to develop multiple articles and manage various authors at the same time
• Understanding of technical drawings
• Journalism/writing experience and photography/videography skills a plus
• Competitive health insurance program, dental, vision.
• Vacation, paid sick leave.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
Email your resume to [email protected] with "Woodworking Editor” in the subject line.