Black Mountain Architecture, an award-winning architecture, sustainable design and consulting firm in Saranac Lake, N.Y., seeks a Project Architect to join our team. We value collaboration, craft, and the close-knit Adirondack community where we work and live. We’re looking for skilled, self-motivated designers who are inspired by the natural world. But to thrive here, you’ll also need outstanding technical skills and the desire to work closely with everybody on our team. Architects at BMA lead projects from concept through construction, and you’ll collaborate on design, manage production, mentor staff and work one-on-one with clients. Regional remote work options available.
• Collaborate with the firm Principal to lead projects from inception to completion
• Work with the Principal to set project budgets, schedules, scopes of work, and staffing requirements
• Manage project to meet project commitments
• Coordinate communication between clients, consultants, and supporting staff
• Design and oversee 3D production of design deliverables
• BIM modeling experience (Archicad preferred)
• Digital graphic experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Project management experience with Microsoft Office
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Organized with strong attention to detail
o 5 years or more relevant work experience (7 years preferred)
o A passion for learning
o An interest in sustainability, high performance and low-carbon design
o Professional degree in architecture
o Professional registration
o LEED accreditation
o Passive House certification (CPHC or CPHD&C)
Pay for this full-time position is commensurate with experience, with a competitive benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, and retirement plan.
Please send a digital copy of your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to [email protected]
This position is open until filled. BMA is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website at blackmountainarchitecture.com for more information about our firm, staff and culture.