We are seeking a seasonal landscape laborer to work on residential and commercial landscape and garden installations with our horticulture team. We focus on creating sustainable, ecologically sound landscapes and are looking for hard working individuals to join our team in Boston. Qualified candidates will have experience in the landscaping industry, basic knowledge of pruning, general lawn maintenance and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions. Jobs will include planting and softscape installations and maintenance. Please visit our website for more information on our horticulture installation services: www.offshootsinc.com.
• Valid Driver’s license, DOT medical card, clean driving record (Offshoots will reimburse cost of DOT medical card)
• Personal Vehicle will be required in order for crew to follow current work safety guidelines, mileage reimbursement will be provided
• Plant identification and maintenance experience
• Strong observation and communication skills
• Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively
• Strong organization skills
• Self-directed able to work independently
• Ability to lift 70+ lbs consistently
• MCLP, MCH, Arborist strongly preferred
• The position is for the 2020 season, starting immediately through December of 2020.
• Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
• Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
• Paid holidays
• 2 days minimum paid sick leave
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/ Sullivan Square in Charlestown. This is an hourly, seasonal position with compensation commensurate with experience. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with hourly rates at the top of the industry, especially candidates with strong prior landscaping experience. Workday is from 6:00am to 2:00pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements.
If you are interested please contact Offshoots, Inc. Director of Landscape Operations Joe Shafner at [email protected] with a resume and work references. Please feel free to check out our website at www.offshootsinc.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
About our Practice: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of green infrastructure and phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Projects include large scale regional planning initiatives, public park and streetscape design, multi-family housing and residential gardens. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information. Must love plants and dogs.