Job Site Assistant
We at YouthBuild are looking for a new AmeriCorps Job Site Assistant to join our team this February!
ReSOURCE'S YouthBuild program is affiliated with YouthBuild USA and provides youth 16-24 with job skills, leadership training, and an opportunity to complete their secondary education in an environment that is nothing like high school.
This is a full time, hands on position in Burlington, VT. Most of the time is spent helping lead a small crew of YouthBuild students at our job site. Projects range from affordable housing renovations to weatherization, small framed constructions (sheds, lean-to's, cabins) to furniture.
- This is a one-year-long position (with the option of continuing after that).
- General knowledge of power tools and construction are great, but no expertise or experience are required. This job is as much an opportunity to learn as it is to teach!
- Teaching construction and mentoring youth are equal parts of the job.
- The YB team is really supportive of the Job Site Assistant developing skills they are interested in!
- The schedule is Monday-Friday, roughly 8-3:30.
- The AmeriCorps stipend offers financial stability for 12 months, and includes interesting benefits and lots of vacation and flexibility!
- The YouthBuild team is caring and flexible and we really support everyone finding the right balance in their job and role within the team.
You don't need to check all the boxes! If you think this might be interesting to you but you're not sure you're the right candidate, contact us and we'll chat. We really want to meet you!