EXPERIENCED CARPENTER/LEAD CARPENTER
Employment type: full-time
Carpenter Salary: $23-28 hourly
Lead Carpenter salary: $27-36 hourly
Benefits: worth an additional $6-7 hourly in initial year
Reports to: Production Manager
WHO WE ARE
Byggmeister is design-build remodeling firm that is striving to be an exemplary steward of Boston-area homes. Our mission (and passion) is to design and renovate homes that are livable, functional, comfortable, beautiful, and environmentally responsible. We are an innovative, dedicated, and experienced team that embraces continuous learning and strives for excellence in everything we do. We are also friendly, kind, respectful and fun, and we are fortunate to work for homeowners with whom we share a high level of trust and respect.
WHO YOU ARE
You share our dedication to excellence and our passion for environmental and social responsibility. You are interested in using your carpentry skills to build a carbon-smart future as part of a multi-talented and diverse team of creative designers, skilled craftspeople, and building science geeks. We encourage applications from individuals who identify as women, people of color, LGBTQ+, and/or CTE graduates.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Has solid carpentry skills, problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills
• Has minimum 3+ years of field experience in residential construction with the desire and skill to become a Lead Carpenter within 1-2 years
• Has a positive attitude, takes on all tasks with enthusiasm, works well with a wide range of people, and is a team-player
• Shows ongoing interest in continuing education
• Maintains personal and jobsite safety at all times
• Owns and maintains hand and power tools
• Must have reliable transportation to work sites around the Greater Boston area
• Tool allowance
• Cell phone allowance
• Paid attendance at conferences and other training opportunities
• Paid time off
• Health and dental insurance
• 401K with employer match
• We are transitioning to worker ownership. All employees will have the opportunity to apply to become an owner.
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your experience and background and why you want to work with us to Business Manager Maria Washington ([email protected]).