Yestermorrow's Response to COVID 19 - How you can help!

March 17, 2020
By Rachel Wylie, Student Services Coordinator


Dear Yestermorrow community

We write to tell you that we care deeply about the health and safety of everyone, in and outside of our campus.  Right now, we join all of you as we do our best to protect ourselves, our staff, instructors, students, and community against the Covid-19 virus. 

With the support of our Board of Directors, the Yestermorrow staff has decided to cancel, postpone, or employ distance learning for upcoming spring classes. Students and instructors who are directly impacted by this decision have been notified. For future classes, we will monitor the situation and make decisions on class cancellation or postponement as appropriate. Our Spring Speaker Series has also been postponed. New dates will be announced when they are available.

For the first time in as long as any of us can remember, we are not welcoming visitors to campus. Your health and the health of our communities is of the utmost importance to us.  We want you to feel safe and supported as we all navigate this situation together.

Our staff and interns are practicing social distancing and working outdoors on the dorm job site or remotely when possible. We are committed to keeping our staff engaged and supported through all of this. We are grateful to currently be in the position to do so. The safety, health, and well being of our community is our top priority.

Shutting down campus will have a significant financial impact on our already tight budget. Approximately 80% of our annual operating budget comes from tuition. The remaining 20% comes from donations. We are asking for your support to help us navigate these difficult circumstances.  We ask that you take care of yourselves and your loved ones, and then if you are able, take care of the small businesses around you. We are all making sacrifices in this extraordinary time. We are all in this together, and we will get through this.

In this post, there are suggestions for ways to support and engage with Yestermorrow over the next few weeks! We're grateful for your continued support.

Please eat well, get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, and get outdoors and exercise in an effort to keep your immune system as strong as possible.

We'll get through this - we always do.

And, as always, think with your hands... and be sure to keep them clean!




Tax-deductible contributions make up 20% of our operating revenue each year and nearly 100% of the funds for future capital improvements. Yestermorrow is a 501c3 nonprofit and your monetary or cost of goods donation is tax-deductible. To learn more about charitable giving with Yestermorrow, read our 2019 Annual Report.



We have beanies, hats, Carhartt vest, shirts and hoodies in a variety of colors. Rocking your Yester-swag helps promote our school! Shop now.



Give the gift of hands-on learning or treat yourself! Buy a gift certificate now to use for a future course because we could all use something to look forward to.



We are accepting registrations for summer courses including our flagship course Home Design/Build. If you've had your eye on a course for a while, now would be a great time to sign up.  We also have several online offerings starting soon! Sustainable Design, Delivered and Intro to Revit Architecture



Word of mouth continues to be our strongest form of marketing. If you know someone who could be interested in a Yestermorrow course, share our catalog with them. Here's a link to the digital version. If you fill out this form, we'll send a print copy in the mail!